VIP Pet Care was tailor made for kennel purposes, including in-floor heating and a special ventilation system. We have separate areas for large and small dogs and cats. We also have a grooming room, U-Bath stalls and a daycare area. We do both boarding and daycare at the Central location and only daycare at the East location.
Each large kennel is 4X8 feet on the inside with privacy walls and has a 4X12 individual outdoor run attached. We let the large dogs out into social groups into our one acre yard that has been divided into 5 separate yards for playtime, socialization, and physical activity. Each kennel has an attached outside run that is 4X12. The small kennels come in two sizes, 4X6 feet and 4X4 feet and are located separately from the large dogs. We let the small dogs out into social groups into an indoor/outdoor play area for their own playtime and socialization.
Check In and Out Times
Just like any hotel, we require sufficient time for kennels to be vacated and made up for the next guest.
Therefore there are designated check in and check out times, which are as follows:
|Check In:||3 – 8 pm||Monday – Friday|
|2 – 4 pm||Saturday and Sunday|
|Check Out:||6 – 11 am||Monday – Friday|
|8 – 11 am||Saturday and Sunday|
|*Please Note that we are more than willing to accommodate anyone who needs an early check in or late check out, however there is a $15 fee for either of these services. Combine an early check in with a late check out for only $20.00!
What to Bring
- Proof of up do date vaccinations
- Food – we recommend you bring your own food for your dog to prevent diarrhea at the kennel and when they return home from their visit. If food is not provided there is a $2.00 charge per meal per dog. We also recommend that you consider upping your dog’s amount of food during their stay, especially if it is over a one week stay. The dogs get a huge amount of exercise and activity during the day and will burn a lot more calories than they would on a regular basis. The increase in the amount of food will depend on your dog’s size, age, activity level and usual eating habits (for example a small dog may only need a ¼ cup added to each meal, while a larger more active breed may need another cup or more added to each meal). This is only a recommendation from VIP Pet Care, this is not a requirement. However, some dogs may benefit from maintaining their current food intake and increase in exercise and will be able to shed a few extra pounds. If you have any further inquiries about how much you should feed your pet, your vet will be able to help you.
What Not to Bring
- toys (for safety reasons, please leave all toys at home)
- collar- At VIP Pet Care we feel that safety is very important. It is mandatory for all dogs at VIP to wear the keepsafe collar. We will provide your dog a keepsafe collar for their boarding stay that we will remove when your dog goes home. However, if you wish to purchase the keepsafe collar your dog wore during their stay you can purchase that collar. For more information about the keepsafe collar please visit www.breakawaycollar.com
- bedding: kennel, bed, or blanket (Not required, but if your pet usually sleeps on a particular bed, blanket, or in a kennel owners are permitted to bring said bedding. If not, VIP is fully equipped with beds and blankets for your pet. If they chew their bedding please alert staff of this behaviour.) Please note: any bedding brought and left at the facility is at the owner’s risk.
What You Can Bring, But Don’t Have To
It is easiest if only the minimum is brought to the kennel to minimize loss or damage of your personal belongings and in order to ensure the return of all personal items at checkout.
- In a social atmosphere your dog will come in contact with various viruses and parasites. It is very important to keep your dog up to date with monthly lice, tick and flea treatments. Keeping up with your annual vet visits will keep your pet happy and healthy.
- keep your pet on a leash or in a crate at all times while entering or exiting the building
- leave your pet in the car for check in
- take your leash home
- bring the required forms filled in
- check in takes approximately 5 – 20 minutes, so allot time for it
- take your pet for a walk before you bring them into the facility to avoid any messes during check in
- expect your pet to be tired for 1 – 3 days after you pick them up. This is normal. They get a lot of exercise and mental stimulation here at the kennel which is different than being at home for the day.
- it is common for pets to lose weight during their stay: it is a stimulating environment where playtime burns a lot of calories! If your pet is staying with us for longer than 3 nights, you may want to consider increasing your pets food intake (especially if they are nervous/high metabolism or high energy). However, each dog is unique and we will accommodate any feeding instructions requested. This may also be a topic you would like to discuss with your vet prior to your pets’ stay.