The cattery is separate from all the dogs and filled with climbing posts and a view out the front window. The cats are separated into their own multi-level kennel until they are ready to socialize with the other cats (which, ranges from a few minutes to a few days). Generally the majority of cats do eventually get along together, but if not, they are separated into kennels and take turns having the run of the room!
Just like any hotel, we require sufficient time for kennels to be vacated and made up for the next guest.
Therefore there are designated check in and check out times, which are as follows:
|Check In:||3 – 8 pm||Monday – Friday|
|2 – 4 pm||Saturday and Sunday|
|Check Out:||6 – 11 am||Monday – Friday|
|8 – 11 am||Saturday and Sunday|
|*Please Note that we are more than willing to accommodate anyone who needs an early check in or late check out, however there is a $20 fee for either of these services. Combine an early check in with a late check out for only $30.00|
What to Bring
- Proof of up-to-date vaccinations. Bringing us a copy that we can keep for our records is preferred, but not required.
- Food – we recommend you bring your own food to prevent diarrhea at the kennel and when they return home from their visit. If food is not provided there is a $4.00 charge per meal per cat. We also recommend that you consider upping your cats amount of food during their stay, especially if it is over a one week stay.
What Not to Bring
- toys (for safety reasons, please leave all toys at home)
- collar- At VIP Pet Care we feel that safety is very important
What You Can Bring If You Want To (But not required!)
It is easiest if only the minimum is brought to the kennel to minimize loss or damage of your personal belongings and in order to ensure the return of all personal items at checkout.
- In a social atmosphere your cat will come in contact with various viruses and parasites. Keeping up with your annual vet visits will keep your pet happy and healthy.
- We do not administer insulin/injectables.
- keep your pet on a leash or in a crate at all times while entering or exiting the building
- leave your pet in the car for check in
- take your leash/crate home
- bring the required forms filled in
- check in takes approximately 5 – 20 minutes, so allot time for it