Whether your dog needs daytime companionship, extra exercise, or intellectual stimulation and socialization; daycare may be the answer. Daycare gives dogs a chance to exercise and play while interacting with other dogs. It helps give dogs confidence to relate with other dogs all while getting more than their fill of a workout. At the end of the day, your dog will go home tired and relaxed from either of our two locations, with what we affectionately call #VIPhangover.
VIP is proud to offer the best human to dog ratio in the city in combination with the largest play areas where dogs can run and truly be themselves.
Our daycare operates on a drop-in basis: that means you can relax and not worry about making, or cancelling, an appointment and use the service as much as you like without restrictions or requirements!
At the Adams location we have 6 yards for the large dogs and an indoor/outdoor area for our smaller guests. Each yard has rotations of playgroups. We believe that every dog is a good dog in the right situation. With 20 years of experience serving Regina, we find appropriate playgroups for each visitor based on the dog’s behaviour and playstyle. The facility’s set up allows us to accommodate all playstyles, breeds and sizes.
At the Dewdney location we have 6 separate indoor play areas and 3 outdoor play areas where we separate the dogs into a few groups based on size and playstyle.
Each location offers a unique play experience: Adams has tailormade groups while Dewdney is a little more relaxed, open play. Both locations offer the largest indoor and outdoor individual play areas in the city.
Drop offs and pick ups are available anytime within our regular business hours.
Daycare clients follow the same daily routine as our boarding clients, minus the meals.
What to Bring
- Proof of up-to-date vaccinations. Bringing us a copy that we can keep for our records is preferred, but not required.
- Food, but this is optional. Only bring food if you want us to give your pet a snack at lunch time. You choose if you want to bring a baggie of food brought each visit or a container that we will send home with you when it needs to be refilled. Please note that there is a $4
- .00 fee for serving lunch.
- Collars – All dogs must wear a break away collar during their Daycare visits at VIP Pet Care. This is mandatory in order to aid the staff in directing the pets and maintaining dog safety. If forgotten, collar purchase is available at both locations!
- Please note that all dogs must be brought in and out of the facility on leash to help keep everyone safe and happy!
What Not to Bring
It is easiest if only the minimum is brought to the kennel to minimize loss or damage of your personal belongings.
- Visiting dog daycare is like going to a playground: play at your own risk. Despite our best efforts and due diligence to have zero injuries, injuries do happen. Any injuries and or vet bills incurred are the sole responsibility of the owner.
- In a social atmosphere your dog will come in contact with various viruses and parasites. It is very important to keep your dog up to date with monthly lice, tick and flea treatments as well as regular de-worming.
- Keeping up with your annual vet visits will keep your pet happy and healthy.
- Keep your pet on a leash at all times while entering or exiting the building take your leash home
- Bring the forms required filled in for your first visit.
- Expect your pet to be tired for 1 – 3 days after you pick them up. This is normal. They get a lot of exercise and mental stimulation here at the kennel which is different than being at home for the day.
- Please note: there are no refunds on daycare packages.
- daycare visits only need to be booked for your first visit. After that there is no need to book daycare visits.
We now have two locations to serve you better!
Both locations accepts walk-ins and everyone is welcome!
Please call for more information.